Asked: 8 June 2021
Question on Notice
Ms Sheed to ask the Minister for Housing — In regard to social housing stock held by Department of Families, Fairness and Housing in the Shepparton District:
(1) Currently, how many properties are held in the Department’s portfolio of social housing stock in the Shepparton District electorate.
(2) How many vacant properties in Shepparton District are currently deemed uninhabitable due to the need for repairs.
(3) Of the current vacant properties awaiting repairs in Shepparton District, how long has each been vacant.
(4) Of the 29 properties vacant properties in the Shepparton catchment at 1 April 2020 which required maintenance works if they were to be re-tenanted, how many have now been repaired, demolished or upgraded.
(5) How many of the 600 ready-to-occupy and under-construction homes properties spot purchased this financial year by the Department have been in Shepparton District.
Answered: 24 August 2021
(1) As at 23 June 2021, there are 1,715 social housing properties in the Shepparton District. Social housing includes properties owned or managed by the Director of Housing, or community owned or managed Community Housing.
(2) There are currently seven properties undergoing local repairs for reletting in the Shepparton district.
(3) There are currently seven (7) properties undergoing repair with vacancy periods (as at 23 June 2021) of: 13 days, 30 days, 30 days, 44 days, 58 days, 78 days and 97 days.
(4) As at 1 April 2020, there were 29 vacant properties that required maintenance works.
Of these, 23 properties were being considered for upgrade, demolition or disposal. The outcomes for these 23 properties are:
Ten (10) are pending redevelopment as part of the 1000 homes program.
Four (4) have either been sold (3) or are pending sale (1).
Three (3) are under assessment by the Family General Construct Program.
Two (2) have been upgraded and re-tenanted.
Two (2) have been redeveloped to accommodate six units, all of which are now tenanted.
One (1) has been demolished and is pending rebuild.
One (1) is awaiting an engineering assessment to inform future direction.
(5) As part of the Big Housing Build acquisition program, 14 dwellings have been purchased in Shepparton and are yet to commence construction. These dwellings are part of the In Progress and Ready to Build program.
Hon Richard Wynne MP
Minister for Housing