Education is the key to opportunity for our young people. During the past five years, we have taken important steps to lift the game on educational excellence, to provide a pathway and opportunity so that every child can reach his or her potential.
Central to these changes is the Shepparton Education Plan which is overseeing the establishment of the new Mooroopna Early Learning Centre at Mooroopna Primary School and the merging of our four existing high schools to create the Greater Shepparton Secondary College.
Greater Shepparton Secondary College is now established across its three temporary campuses while an exciting new state-of-the-art facility will be constructed at the former Shepparton High School site.
The Victorian Government has already committed $21.5 million to this project. Construction of the Mooroopna Early Learning Centre has commenced and the Greater Shepparton Secondary College campus has been promised a further $100 million by the Premier and the Education Minister.
For education I will continue to advocate for:
- Delivery of the Shepparton Education Plan to ensure the best educational opportunities to students of all abilities, wherever they live.
- A state-of-the-art education precinct partnering with La Trobe University, GOTAFE and industry to connect students to jobs and further study.
- Full funding for the Neighbourhood Schools Program to support vulnerable children and their families.
Other policies are being developed as we work with the community and the Victorian Government including requests for:
- Support for LA Trobe University to increase the size of its campus; and
- The establishment of a Technical School in Shepparton to support all local secondary schools, both public and private, with advanced learning opportunities in such fields as artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality and robotics.
- Recurrent funding for the Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project;
- Funding for The Bridge to run the Geelong Project at Greater Shepparton Secondary College